The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Friday, September 17, 2010

Talkin' 'Bout a Writer Who's Talkin' 'Bout Writing

        I am always fascinated when writers open up their heads and let us in.  Recently Mary Karr spoke to a group of drooling groupies. (I had a puddle at my feet just like everyone else.) Her book Lit is one of my recent favorites.

         It was incredibly interesting to hear her discuss her books and the writing process that works for her.  The experience was so exhilirating, I think I drove over the speed limit, driving down Lindbergh (which is like a highway) as if it was a highway; if a police officer had stopped me, I would have  giddily shrieked, "I just spent the evening with Mary Karr!  What an evening!" as I accepted the ticket.


photo of  Mary Karr by strangefruit.pitas.com

      Janet Fitch's blog has a marvelous post about Jonathan Franzen.  Check it out.  I think you will find it illuminating... 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...