The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Friday, March 18, 2011

Book Blurb Friday #3



          Haven't you ever wanted to be able to amass a collection of ideas for possible novels?  Don't you have the need to hone your "pitching" skills? Wouldn't it be nice to practice your writing abilities in short bursts---and the inspiration is even provided for you?  If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you should check out Lisa Ricard Claro's new meme.  You can do some pre-thinking, 'cause the photo is posted a week early so you can take a pondering gander.

        You only have 150 words (or less) which does not include the title.  After you post it on your blog, go to Lisa's friend, Mr. Linky, and add your blurb, along with reading everyone else's.

      Here's my Book Blurb this Friday:

Ladling Up Your Life's Desires:  The Parkview Grill

        Sink into the leathery booth. Get comfortable. Kick your shoes off if you'd like. Check out the menu...And my recommendation? The meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

        Something strange is being brewed in the stews and soups at this local eatery. Something strange overcomes the diners at the Parkview. Depending on what they order, their lives change. Forever.

        Ask for the Chicken Caccitore?  A long-lost love reappears.  Fried fish and chips? An opportunity for an adventure arises. And order the daily special---which is always meatloaf? Your biggest worry is lifted from your shoulders.

      Everyone is happy after a meal at the Parkview Grill. Their step is a little lighter when they leave. Their laughter...a bit more free.

     That is, until a new cook is hired. Herman doesn't fit in with the rest of the cooks and waitresses. He's quiet. Aloof. And there's an unsettling glint in his eyes...(150 words)

      

12 comments:

  1. Oo Sioux! Very interesting. I thought it was going to be a light-hearted nice read and then you whammied me with a surprising twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This promises a meaty read indeed ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so imaginative!! I see two stories going on there - I want to know all about the menu and the magic, and then there's that mystery element too. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did Herman get past the interviewer? He's obviously an evil-doer. LOL This sounds intriguing, and I like the hint of trouble to come with Herman on the scene. Great blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sioux,

    Wow! What a great imagination you have. I want to read more of your book. It sounds a bit Stephen King-ish, lol.

    Thanks for stopping by and saying hi. Thanks too, for your comment about my pictures. That made me happy.

    See ya next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another awesome blurb! I didn't even attempt it this week! Couldn't come up with anything...and Kathy's photo was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! Wow! That one gave me chills. Funny, too, when I saw the photo, I immediately thought of an already published novel: "Bright Lights, Big City" But your blurb took me to a totally different place! So who's gonna write this intriguing book?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Souix,
    Hmmmmm...I don't think I like the glint in the new cook's eye! Very intriguing and clever storyline!


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that was intriguing, I want to read more! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like I just ordered AWESOME. This is fun and surprising and truly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to take this long to comment on your book blurb. I'm slapping my wrist!

    Ooo...a tasty read and delicously mysterious. I want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! WOW! WOW! Is all I can say, searching for it already on Amazon. Get busy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...