The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Friday, November 11, 2011

A Rare Sighting of the Donna Volkenannt is Expected

        There is a shy creature, indiginous to St. Peters, Missouri, who is often seen, yet the sound they make is hardly ever audible. Biologists have studied this elusive animal; some speculate this species is incapable of tooting the horn that is attached to its side. Other scientists claim the Donna is definitely capable of making noises with the horn, but only in celebration of others.

     What is the name of this animal?

             Donna Volkenannt
     
          And all you biology-buffs are in luck, because the Donna is going to appear at the event below, and rumor has it she is going to read her story (aloud) to us.



        The event benefits the Joplin tornado victims' libraries, and the anthology Storm Country will be available for sale (at $10, a bargain).  Other internationally-known writers that will be there are Linda O'Connell and Lynn Obermoeller.  

      So all you animal watchers, come to the Loop on Sunday (see below) to see the Donna Volkenannt read a piece of her own. It's rare indeed...





Sunday, November 13 • 7:00pm - 9:30pm

Regional Arts Commission

6128 Delmar Boulevard St. Louis, MO

Authors will read from their work and discuss their contributions to the anthology. Some of the authors scheduled to read include: Elaine Viets, Linda Austin, Lynn Obermoeller, Linda O'Connell, Donna Volkenannt, Anene Tressler-Hauschultz, Kelli Allen, Bill Hopkins, and others. Event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be provided by the Missouri Writers Guild.

4 comments:

  1. YAY Donna! I can't wait to hear her story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's kind of late and far away for me to travel on a school-day eve. But if Donna ever needs tutoring for her tooting, I will volunteer my services. Because I'm selfless like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sioux,

    You are so funny and kind.

    I'm blushing. Seriously, I hope I can make it through my reading. If not, someone is going to help me finish my story.

    And Lynn, I saw your cousin last night at Bunco.

    See you ladies tomorrow night.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...