The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Here Comes the Bride...Almost Here

            On May 13, Chicken Soup's newest anthology---Here Comes the Bride--will be on sale.

            My husband seems to think that a collection's stories are arranged in order of quality: the better stories are in the front of the book. The ones in the back are--from his perspective--the "honorable mentions," the not-so-hot ones.



            My previous first Chicken Soup story was on page 300-something. My soon-to-be-in-the-woodchipper  husband said something snarky like, "Oh, it's barely there--it's way at the end." We had a 42-minute discussion about themes and headings and categories...how the stories were grouped around particular ideas. After I had talked myself hoarse, he still wouldn't budge.


           This time, my story "The Planet Zirconia" is on page 66. Without even reading a word, he was impressed.


            I'm movin' on up... 

7 comments:

  1. Uh oh. I had the very last story in What I Learned from the Dog. Congratulations on the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tammy. And you have to take my husband's knowledge of good writing with a grain of salt. All of his reading material is in the bathroom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's how I perceive his reasoning. The best stories are at the front, because it's almost impossible for men to turn the pages with their big ol' bear paws. So many of them have to give up before they reach the back of the book. Sorry, Tammy. Your dog wisdom story most likely enjoyed a majority of female readership. It's a dexterity issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my books yesterday and flipped to your story right away. I loved it! Then my daughter was paging through the book and saw your name and she said, "Hey! I think I know this lady!" It's fun to share an anthology with other writers you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Sioux. I'm so proud of you. Hey, that rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val--Your explanation makes perfect sense.

    Debra--I enjoyed yours as well. Sometime this weekend or next week I am going to give you a shout out; your story is one everyone can identify with.

    Donna--Thanks. Be prepared. I plan on joining you guys on some of the Tuesdays this summer...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Sioux, can't wait to read your story! I think your husband and my husband would probably get along :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...