The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Gone to the Dogs or Thirteen Naked Blondes


      Love a Golden Rescue, a group of all-volunteers who rescue unwanted Goldens and Golden mixes, has a gorgeous calendar for sale. The colors and the scenery are breathtaking.

      All 13 of the dogs featured were once throw-away dogs...dogs who were once in puppy mills as breeding machines, dogs who were abandoned, dogs who were unwanted. Now, they are well-loved members of their family.

      You may go to Love a Golden to order your calendar. Or, you may shave $2 off your purchase price, and send me a check (made out to Love a Golden Rescue) for $10, and I'll pop for the postage. Email me at sroslawski(at)yahoo(dot)com and I'll send you my snail mail address.

       The whole price goes directly to the dogs. Our photographer (who is one of Purina's main photographers) donated his services, the graphic artist who designed the calendar donated her services, and the printing was covered by the calendar dogs' owners. (They bid for a page in the calendar.)

      They would make a wonderful Christmas present (don't be afraid to order more than one) and is for such a marvelous cause...

      How many calendars would you like? 

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is a cool calendar, and it was more than cool to have two professionals donate their talents for the project.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The photographs ARE beautiful. And to think that all these gorgeous Goldens were once in a place where they were not wanted...

      Delete
  3. I just ordered one through PayPal. So I'm all set for 2013. The darn world had better not end in December, by cracky!

    I thought you couldn't come up with titles. Now you have TWO! Did you go to a hypnotist, or get a staple in your earlobe, or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. The Goldens thank you.

      And I'm getting better with titles...sometimes. But it seems to be either feast or famine. I either can think of two, or none.

      But my ellipsis intervention obviously had no impact. I'll have to go into a residential facility for three months...which means three months without having to write lesson plans...

      Delete
  4. If things weren't so tight right now, I WOULD buy one! There are few things more attractive than a Golden.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pearl--There is a reason why so many commercials use Goldens--they are good looking dogs.

      Delete
  5. Thanks Sioux. I'll hit the link and place an order, probably tomorrow...in honor of our beloved Golden, Riley. Miss him every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Lisa. Our dogs carve a spot out in our heart and when they leave, they can never be replaced.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...