The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Super Writers

My son-in-law and my granddaughter...Daddy obliged his daughter and posed as the Hulk to her (I think) Ironman.
Can you tell this was a Superhero Christmas?

As writers, we have to think of ourselves as superheroes. We have to slip on our cape to shield ourselves from the rejection so that it doesn't hurt too much...

We have to put on our power belt, so that we can get rejuvenated and replenish our energy supply when we run low... 

And we have to strap on our photon-shooters/arm-blaster thingys so we can shoot down our inner critic who whispers in our ear, "Your writing sucks...You'll never make it as a writer. Just give up, why don't you!"

If you want to be inspired about a goal you really can achieve during 2013, check out Cathy C. Hall's post at The Muffin today, entitled "Just for Today, For a Writer."  And hopefully you're having a great start to this new year.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE that pic--and love the idea of being a superhero writer! Thanks for the shout out, Sioux! And now, let's strap on our photon-shooters/arm-blaster thingies and take over the writing world!

    Bwahahahahha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy--I love your evil laugh. (Don't you love my expertise in superheroes? "Arm-blaster thingy"...What are photons? I surely don't know...)

    And thanks again for the fabulous advice on The Muffin. If I listen to you, I can be successful in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, my friend, are a Wonder Woman writer. Cute photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps the WWWPs could be renamed the "Fab Five" because we all have our own superpowers?

      Delete
  4. The Hulk frightens me, but I am comforted by Ironman, who is sure to protect me. Your superhero name should be SuperMotivator. I appreciate your encouragement, and the way you try to trick me into responding to your comments by leaving me a writing prompt.

    I followed your Muffin link, and Cathy C. Hall inspired me to share the following:

    Allow me, JUST FOR TODAY, to don my science teacher hat and expound for a moment on quantum mechanics. A photon is energy. A tiny packet of light energy, which is given off when an electron drops to a lower energy level. OR, an electron can absorb a photon to jump to a higher energy level. Energy can't be created or destroyed, but photons can! They are just a means of converting energy from one form to another. Solar panels absorb photons and allow excited electrons to flow as electricity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am speechless.

      I am without a response because whenever someone starts talking over my head about math or science, my eyes glaze over. My heart slows down to a coma-rate. My mind wanders to a more pleasant, understandable place...next to Viggo Mortensen on private island. And our battery-operated chocolate fountain is flowing non-stop.

      You show-off, you! ;)

      Delete
  5. Love the metaphor! And...did someone say Viggo Mortenson? And chocolate? You are really speaking my language now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Viggo and chocolate--definitely a good combination.

      Delete
  6. Oh my, I'm still getting caught up with reading blogs. You Super Woman you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...