|photo by Charla Finn of Collinsville, Illinois|
With the weather conspiring against us, it was necessary to look for the bright spots buried under the white (and then dingy) blanket.
* I sent off a letter to a friend. Without this long expanse of time off work, I'm not sure I would have taken the time--at least not this week.
* Finishing a black scarf for my son--along with a blue one for one of his best friends--made me feel like I accomplished something as I knit and watched
* I got immersed in Falling Leaves: The Memoir of an Unwanted Chinese Daughter by Adeline Yen Mah. I'm in the middle of it and it's heartbreaking but compelling...
*Pitching some things made me feel better, but when I found a gold box labeled Godiva and frantically opened it to see if a piece was hiding in the corner, uneaten, I felt foolish. I knew I had gobbled up every one of those delicious delicacies. Only David Copperfield could have made a piece reappear...
* I submitted a few things---to start the new year off--and am
* I was entertained by one of our Goldens. Foley, not the brightest of dogs, loved frolicking in the snow. He would deliberately head for the deepest drifts and come back with snow on his nose and a zip in his step.
What positive things happened to you this past week? It's now a new year--what good things are going on in your life?