The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

WOW! Triple UhOh! and Uh Huh

         First, the great news. (Just like good critique, I'll sandwich something not-so-good between a couple of positives.)

         I've been accepted as one of the new WOW writers over at The Muffin. The process was grueling. I was sent out into the desert for five days, survived on my own urine and the few desert rats I could catch, and--the final challenge--then I had to write about the experience.

        I'll be joining local authors Margo Dill and Sue Bradford Edwards, along with other bloggers around the country. I'm quite excited.

         And now for the not-great-stuff, the part I'm calling Uh Oh to the Third Power

1) I usually post on Tuesdays but I left for work at 6 yesterday morning and didn't get home until 10 last night. It wasn't possible to post yesterday. 

2) Why was it such a long day yesterday? I had a meeting after school, then physical therapy (for my torn meniscus... have I whined lately?), and then my school had a town meeting (because there is a plan to close at the end of the school year). The meeting was held at the church, and was heated. The pews were full and the people were full of passion... and hurt.

3) My NaNo is almost at 13,776 (but who's counting) and it should be 26,000 and some change. That means I'm only half a loser. Actually, I'm feeling good about what I'm writing, I shared it at a writing retreat I went to this weekend (and they gave me some constructive suggestions), and I'm shuffling forward at a slow pace.

          But at least I'm moving forward. So I feel like a writing winner.

         And will I be at the author event tomorrow evening at the Spencer Road Library? Uh huh. It's from 6-8, and if you come, you can mingle with over a hundred local authors.

         And while I'm thinking about how worn out I am right now, I'm planning my weekend. (I have lots of papers to grade.) What are your plans this weekend? Envious minds want to know...
     

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your gig at The Muffin. It is such a great site, and always filled with helpful information. You will be a swell addition.
    I'm looking forward to seeing you at the library tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna--Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing you as well.

      Delete
  2. Congrats to you!!! Your energy seems boundless. Wish I had so much. Good for you to keep going so fast. Any hope of saving the school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia--

      Thanks. And no, I don't think there's any hope... :(

      Delete
  3. And more bad news....I'm madly X-ing out extra words,as requested. Given that I am still working (*sob*), time is hard to come by, but I am enjoying your story; I'm just sorry it is taking me a while to complete it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shay--Don't open your mouth until you've gotten to the last page. (I thought you retired this Spring?)

      Delete
    2. No, the plan was for the end of September, but I ran into a snag. The snag is about to be resolved, though. I think. I hope. Stay tuned.

      Delete
  4. WOW! Congratulations! It's a balance set forth by Even Steven, I guess. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...the urge to watch a Facts of Life rerun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val--Thanks. Jo (or Joe) was my favorite. (I haven't thought of that show in years.)

      Delete
  5. BIG congrats, Sioux! So happy for you to join us at the Muffin--and I know the readers will be thrilled to have your funny, fresh voice over there!

    (My region--Southern Breeze--of SCBWI is sponsoring a public book signing at NCTE, which is in Atlanta this weekend. So I'll be there, helping out, hobnobbing with kidlit authors from all over and then we're also hosting a reception where I blah-blah-blah, too. It'll be a long day and it'll wear me out but it'll be fun, too. And fodder for a Muffin blog post. :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Congratulations on your Muffin gig! You must be beaming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Sioux! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new writing gig! Be sure to let us know when you post.

    Pat
    www.patwahler.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...