The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Slice of Life Day # 19: Hiding the Tails


If you've used more than one kind of yarn or more than one skein, you have to weave the tails in. If you're skilled enough, the knot is small and is easily hidden. If you're an artist, you can slip the yarn--needling it in and out of the holes--so that it looks like nothing's hidden... so that, to the trained and untrained eye alike. it looks just like knitting, and not like concealing.

What do we keep hidden from others? I wonder. As we deflect questions and fail to open up to others... What knots are we hiding? What tails are we weaving in, until they're invisible?




Here are 2 truths and 1 lie about me:

1. Colin Firth and I were in the same social studies class when I was in 7th grade.

2. I've done 3 solo skydives.

3. I've played basketball while on the back of a donkey.

Which is the lie?

8 comments:

  1. Oof. I'm always awful at picking the lie...perhaps you've been skydiving twice?

    I love the knitting metaphor. To extend it, perhaps it's that we tend to hide the transitions in life, until we feel we are good enough at them to reveal them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina--I've skydived three times, but all of them were tandem jumps, which meant I was hooked onto an instructor each time.

    Pat--No, I DID play donkey basketball, and sadly, I was just as skilled of a ballplayer on the donkey as I am when I'm not straddling a rocket on four legs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the comments, and can't tell you how much I wished for the Colin Firth story to be true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems I heard that Colin Firth story, lucky ducky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My question... is it bad to hide things?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda--I know. That's my only brush with greatness...

    Tracy--It depends. When people hide things, and the hiding can hurt them, that's a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been conferencing so missed my Sioux daily but I come back to you and Colin Firth?! Oh, frabjous day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...