The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Monday, March 2, 2020

A Three-Legged Sioux

Yes, you got that right. Along with things gone droopy and things getting wrinkly and things rapidly going gray, I've grown a third leg... or so it seems.

It appears I'm waiting for one particular thing to happen to one shoe.


photo by Pixabay

Oh, don't let this photo fool you. I haven't cast away my ugly-but-comfortable shoes and developed a love of high heels. In fact, I was at an out-of-town teacher conference this weekend and after packing what I thought were all my things, I noticed my navy blue Crocs partially hidden under the bed.

A catastrophe narrowly missed! Those trusty shoes have been hosed off so many times and yet still they're reliable. Attractive, no. Comfy, yes.

(My daughter and her family would have been over-the-moon if those BUS (butt-ugly shoes) had been left behind. Too bad for them, great for me.)

What is your favorite pair of shoes, and why?

And Sioux with three legs? You can read my post on The Muffin if you'd like to know why I apparently grew a third leg.

6 comments:

  1. Not your favorite Crocs! I am heading over the The Muffin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a "tall" pair of flip flops that I love. Yeah, you and the beach... and a pair of flip flops. Add 10 toes painted with a beachy-colored nail polish, and it's your version of heaven...

      Delete
  2. A Croc is a terrible thing to waste! My old red Crocs (my favorite) are worn out. They're still intact. A bit flattened in the sole. Scuffed. Discolored. Hard to keep on my feet. I have a newer pair of dark blue Crocs, but I have not thrown away the red ones. They make a good ensemble with my ratty old baby blue sweatshirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flat in some places. Scuffed. Discolored. That sounds like ME.

      Delete
  3. It's comfort over fashion any day for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...