The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

A Writer's Faith

Too bad that George Michael is no longer alive. Perhaps if he was, he'd had written another song to help me along as a writer.

These days, I'm shuffling along. I sometimes say stumbling but really, most of the time it's shuffling. Stumbling implies a faster, forward way of progressing. Shuffling is less assertive, less confident.

However, shuffling is a slow but steady movement forward. That's not quite right either. So perhaps I should say, "I'm shuffling around, my writing progress stuck in the-middle-of-the-might mode, where I'm flailing my hand around in the dark, trying to find the light switch."

The light switch is what will illuminate my way on the path to hopefully eventually getting my manuscript published.



What George Michael song am I tuning into right now? (I'll bet you can guess.) What else did I write about my stumbling? Head to The Muffin and find out...

8 comments:

  1. What Linda said. And my other comment over at the Muffin. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda--I hope that's what it's called...

    Shay--I gotta have it. ;)

    Cathy--Thanks. From the Queen of Korean children's books, that means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, Sioux! Persistence does pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry. I meant to comment, but I got sidetracked thinking about George Michael's butt in that video.

    I am neither shuffling, nor stumbling. I am plopping. Sitting on my ample rumpus, doing not a dang thing. It's like I've lost all motivation.

    Keep on sticking with your manuscript, like Flex Seal on a cracked boat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the video in decades. Perhaps I need to take a gander. (Or a goose.)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...