The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Monday, January 3, 2022

Jack... Or Mark?


 

I admit, this version of Jack Daniels does not look anything like Mark Twain. However, I've got a styrofoam version of Jack that is the spitting image of Twain. He's about 3 feet tall... and he's spectacular.


I got the statue via a white elephant gift exchange. Initially, I wondered what I was going to do with it. First, it's so white and plain. It was the gift I wanted as soon as I saw it. Size does matter, and this one was the largest one, it was wrapped in several white trash bags and it was intriguing.


You want it... you got it, they say. Now I have it, and since I live in a small house, I needed to think of where to put Jack Daniels Mark Twain. Immediately, I knew how I was going to jazz him up. Zentangling him (if you don't know what Zentangle is, google it--it's a methodical way of doodling), and transforming him into Mark Twain was also an instant solution. After all, I have no connection or fondness for Jack Daniels. But Mark Twain? That's a different story.


Someone suggested I put it in my classroom... and what a brilliant idea that was. So, after he emerges from his cocoon, Mark will get a prominent place in my classroom.


Am I crazy? Does my Jack Daniels really look like Mark Twain? You be the judge. Check out my post on the Muffin. Some bonus tidbits: you'll see what was my favorite gift, and you'll learn the name of the artist you should never support financially (because supporting him is actually supporting moneygrubbing and soul-stealing people and not the artist).



2 comments:

  1. Oh what fun you can have with that statue. Best wishes on your dream that will come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You want it, you got it" always makes me recall the Billy Crystal movie where the old man keeps repeating "You asked for it, you got it--Toyota." It's all he says, in addition to tediously reading traffic signs when in the car. It cracked me up but now I can't recall what movie it was. Anyway, that tag line stayed in my head and I annoy people by saying it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...