The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Paint Me Green

photo by jamiehulleyartsfund.org

            Meet the artist: Louis Jefferson III. He's a kid, just 25, but the above photo was taken in 2004, when the area behind his ears was really drenched.

        He creates amazing paintings. I found him when I was looking for a Wynton Marsalis poster for my son. (Marsalis is his favorite trumpeter, behind Louis Armstrong and Miles Davis.)

        I had a conversation with young Mr. Jefferson this evening. It's inspiring to speak to someone so young, so talented and so humble. His voice was alive with artistic energy. And he's so darned young. I hate admire him.

         Check out his work at his site.  You can click on his portfolio and see some of his paintings.




3 comments:

  1. What amazing work! I love how he well he captrues body language. The expession he captures in hands alone is thrilling. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... exciting... some really exhilerating work there. He does hold quite a deal of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh the colors! Mary Enghelbright, move over, this guy has unbridled talent. Watch out world.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...