The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Friday, June 17, 2011

Short Story Contest

photo by CapricornOne Vintage

       Good Housekeeping magazine is about to begin accepting submissions for a short story contest. The window of opportunity is July 1-September 1. No longer than 3,500 words, the story must reflect an aspect of women's lives today. (That makes the subject matter limitless, I guess.) It must be original, not previously published nor should it have been a finalist for any other prize or award.

     The grand prize is $3,000. Two runners-up will each receive $750.

     For complete contest rules, go here.

6 comments:

  1. You're right about the subject matter! Hmm... I need to file this away in my subconscious and see if a story wants to come out. BTW, Sioux, I wanted to include you in an email blast I sent this week, but couldn't find an address for you. My novel, The Somebody Who, is now on Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give this one a go. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be cool to be published here? Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...