The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Monday, March 25, 2019

Slice of Life Day # 25: A Radical Change

I watch a particular show every Sunday morning--CBS Sunday Morning. Each week there are stories that make me think, make me laugh, make me cry, make me dig in and do some research.

Today, for example, there was a story about a little girl who got a baby duck, and the duckling imprinted on the girl. Now the duck follows the girl everywhere. When the family goes on vacation, the duck goes. When the girl reads a book in bed, there is the duck, snuggling with her. (They have the duck wear diapers, which answered the big question I had.)

Also today was a story about a man who'd been a soldier, had killed more than 25 people, and he was still quite angry with Muslim people. In fact, he daydreamed of making a bomb and taking out a whole mosque full of Muslims along with himself.

Well, the story ends in an incredible twist. It truly moved me.






6 comments:

  1. I knew a little girl in our neighborhood whose duckling imprinted on her. I'll have to watch the video. I like that Sunday show, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is a tremendous twist, and such a lesson in being open, even to those we fear or hate. The universe can work miracles, so long as we stay open to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I ever told you about my duck Howard? Remind me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I share this ritual, and I did not see the twist with that man's story. I found it incredibly moving! Makes me look forward to next Sunday already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Great video. Thanks for sharing that, Sioux.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite television programs. A few weeks ago they did a wonderful story on a small printing press in Kentucky. I shared it on my FB author page because it was so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...