The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Slice of Life Day 30: Yeah, I've Been Lax...


Well, it's almost the end of my (almost) daily Slice postings... and something next will start in April: daily powerful poetic postings (Say that five times, and say it quickly.)  Okay, the poems I come up with might not be powerful, but I needed another "p" word to put into that string.

Right this minute (Saturday morning, 10:09) I am sitting in the Contemporary Arts Museum St. Louis. In front of me: a huge sculpture display of charcoal gray cylinders (gigantic) strewn across the enormous gallery. 

All around me: the sound of voices and music blended. The voices are distorted enough that they're not distracting. I can't make out what they're saying, so I can't fixate on their message instead of my writing. 

Behind me: A rainy, dreary day.

Just like I will begin something new on April 1--blogging-wise--I will begin something new in August. This week I snagged a job. The school I'll be working at next school year is suuuuch an easier commute for me. Currently, to avoid traffic jams, I drive over incredibly rough roads--where other drivers (along with me) drive at such high speeds, it's like the German autobahn, even though none of the streets are highways.

It might not be the best job, money-wise, but it felt like the best place for me, and it came about so easily. The principal wanted to meet me before setting up an interview... I knew what his motives are. I've been teaching for so many years, I know he wanted to see if I was a little blue-haired lady using a walker to get around. Obviously I passed the she-fogged-up-the-mirror test...

 I got a tour with the principal, we talked as we walked, he asked if I had spoken to any other schools (trying to sniff if there was blood in the water), and then said he'd love to offer me a contract.

A. Maz. Ing.

A new school. A new community to build. A new/old subject to teach (social studies). I am so looking forward to it.

6 comments:

  1. Yay, Sioux!! That's awesome--and when I think of you, a little blue-haired old lady is the furthest thing from my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeeees! I'm so excited! You better email me ASAP and tell me where :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new upcoming adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It sounds like synchronicity found you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! Congratulations on the new gig. Your students will be so lucky to have you as their teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...