The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Monday, July 1, 2019

100 Story Ideas... and the Rest of My Summer

During the rest of the summer (which is flying by) I have a few things to look forward to.

photo by pexels

Later this summer I'm doing some traveling. Hopefully, I will be able to take pictures. To tease you with some details, the place I'm headed to is on another continent, there's lots of light, and the country's name is a misnomer.

Sometime between now and the beginning of August, I'll also be going into my classroom and unpacking all the boxes and figuring out the arrangement of my room. I've ordered some posters of historic figures (since I'm teachin' history), and I am going to buy some succulents (since even my kill-proof plants that weren't succulents did not fare well last year).

Also, I have the opportunity to devote four solid days to wading through my curriculum and getting some lesson-planning done. A group of teacher friends and I are doing an advanced institute of a class--this one is free and for no credit. Fellow educators can either work on their personal writing, or do curriculum work... or whatever uninterrupted work they want to do.

One of the resources that was shared during the earlier class (which was for credit and did cost dearly) was Times 100 Best Photos from 2018. If you head here, you can read about the story idea I wrote about one of those incredible photographs, and I share a link to the resource.

After all, every picture tells a story...


6 comments:

  1. I'm excited about your new class! My first book, The Successful Teacher's Handbook, has been released and I thought you might be interested in it (or not) but I had to share it with you since you have always been so supportive. https://www.amazon.com/Successful-Teachers-Handbook-Strategies-Classroom-ebook/dp/B07TG8X87X/ref=sr_1_2?crid=22HRR280WK0G6&keywords=the+successful+teachers+handbook&qid=1561977122&s=gateway&sprefix=The+Successful+Te%2Caps%2C149&sr=8-2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat--Thanks. Congratulations on the birth of your book. I'm sure you're quite proud of this baby. I will share the link with a couple of new teachers I know. I peeked into the book--it looks extremely user-friendly and much-needed.

      Congrats again. Now where is the how-to travel book? ;)

      Delete
  2. Enjoy vacation. I know you will find many ways to incoporate writing into your history classes. You know how to make learning fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda--Thanks... and thank you. I think it is the students who make teaching fun.

      Delete
  3. You've got a month! Live it up! Your story idea made me fear you, just slightly... I sense that you've moved on from the woodchipper solution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to believe the summer is half over. I'm not complaining, though. I get all wilty-sluggish-yucky in high heat and humidity. (Probably like your plants) Bring on the crisp air and gorgeous colors of autumn to make me happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...