The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Monday, December 23, 2019

Promotion



This is Dewey, my grand-dog. Yes, after growing up in a family surrounded by golden retrievers, my son married a girl who was into pug-love... and now they have a pug, a soon-to-be adopted baby and another baby due to be born in June.

I always semi-apologize when I tell people my son has a pug. *

Dewey is cute, but pugs are not my favorite breed. For one, they have breathing problems. Secondly, they inevitably get stocky when they're older, and resemble Winston Churchill--all you have to do is stick a cigar in their mouth, and it's uncanny. Third, they always look unhappy.

Goldens, on the other hand, always look happy.

My daughter-in-law never stops trying to get me to switch sides. She'd love nothing more than to hear me say that I'm going to adopt a pug (never gonna happen)... that I love pugs more than golden retrievers (totally not true)... that I adore everything about pugs (nope, but I do admit I love watching them scamper around. They are fast little--well, since this is a PG site, I'll just say they're really fast.)

I recently signed up to do something scary (for me) to work on my self-promotion skills.  Many writers I know do it well--Linda O'Connell, Margo Dill, Cathy Hall, Lisa Ricard Claro and Pat Wahler. They don't beat their readers over the head in their bragging (and they all have lots to brag about), they let their readers into their lives, and they share their writing advice and resources with generosity.

What scares Sioux? Sioux, who has gone skydiving three times. Sioux, who has played basketball while riding a donkey. Sioux, who drove to the Grand Canyon in an estrogen-filled van with five other females.

If you're curious, check out my recent post on WOW.

* For those who love pugs, please don't leave a mountain of comments, pointing out their charm, their wonderful characteristics. Every dog breed has its fans. I'm just not a fan of pugs.


11 comments:

  1. You know I love doggos, but Pugs aren't my fave either. I do know that many people adore them and that's dandy. I'm just not one of that group. Goldens, however, are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shay--Thankfully, there ARE people for every breed.

      Delete
  2. As pugs go, Dewey is cute enough. I'm sure he has a winning personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val--Well, he IS a true lap dog. It was pleasant having a dog curl up in my lap--the whole dog, with room to spare.

      The unhappy expression on his face? The breathing that sounded labored? No thanks.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The pug? He's cute. I guess he's "pretty" from the perspective of another pug...

      Delete
  4. Dewey is a cutie if you like wrinkles. Saw a cartoon where a boxer was asking a pug how long they left him in the tub. Hopping over to WOW. I have been on hiatus for a full week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda--Ha! The pug (compared to the boxer) was left in the tub too long AND was washed in hot water, so shrinkage happened.

      Delete
  5. How'd I miss this post? Glad to see you're back to blogging, and I can't wait to find out what you learn in your class. Spill it all!

    P.S. Pugs are adorable in their own way. My silly peke-a-poo has a slightly mushed in face (he definitely has more pekingese than poodle heritage), too. Hence his name: Sir Winston Churchill. (Haven't tried putting a cigar in his mouth yet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat--They are cute, and do they cuddle. Our 84-pound golden isn't a lap dog (obviously) so it was delightful to have a dog that could nap in my lap.

      Delete
  6. Sorry, your new grandbaby is adorable. I'm a fan of pugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...