The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Sunday, March 27, 2022

The Agony of Not-Terrible Defeat

 SOL #21 (should be #27) See below to see what the Slice of Life challenge is.

Last night I went to a work trivia night. I was the anchor of the table. In this case, I was the member that would be holding back the rest of the group. I suck at trivia.

We had predict what score we'd make, in case there was a tie for first  some miracle happened  unicorns pranced around our table, pigs started flying and God parted the Red Sea (again) and gave us the answers for each round.

I (with hopefulness) suggested 4.

Who was the lead singer of Pearl Jam? I knew the answer, but not last night. 

Who was the lead singer of Poison? I knew it was Bret something (I'd watched Celebrity Apprentice years ago when he was a contestant) but I couldn't come up with his last name last night.

Who wrote Of Mice and Men... Who wrote Catcher in the Rye... What



was the name of the movie about the two Olympic figure skaters (we only saw a photo of the two actors D.B. Sweeney and Moira Kelly)... I knew those answers. How exciting that I could help out occasionally.



Somehow, we ended up 6th or 7th, out of 25, which is not terribly shabby. Of course, the night was full of laughter, food, and teasing...





4 comments:

  1. Jealous! I adore trivia nights and those sound like good questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE "The Cutting Edge!" When you saw the picture, did you think, "Toe-pick!" That cracks me up every time. And when she tells him, "I'm surprised you don't chuck it all and start your own think tank."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would absolutely know the answer and be unable to get it out of my mouth! It would stick in my brain until the wee hours of the morning, and I would shout it out! HeWho is a deep sleeper, but the dogs would celebrate my wonderful knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Story of my life: I KNEW, but not then. Sounds like a fun trivia event.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...