The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Lesson Learned from Dogs: We Should Prance Every Day

         I let my dogs out this morning, and every morning, Foley prances out the door. He's just eaten breakfast, and to him, life is great. He also prances when we have a ball in our hand, since he lives for his ball-chasing sessions.


 


           This is Foley (I know he doesn't look like he's the brightest of dogs, but he's smart enough to have manipulated us into spoiling him rotten).

             Dogs eat the same thing every day, and they relish it.  They often have the same routine every day, and they don't whine about it.   If their walk is shorter than usual, they don't complain.

              My friend (also a teacher) mentioned one unpleasant thing that was on our teaching plate. However, she quickly followed up with, "But I'm so grateful we have jobs..."

             Prance because you do have a job.  Prance because you are lucky enough to have a job that is a mission...You make a difference in people's lives.  Prance because, even though there is more paperwork and programs heaped onto our plates every year, it is still the best profession in the world...

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I felt like prancing myself, even though I am "babying" a sore foot. I am enjoying your words, Sioux.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...