The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Saturday, September 4, 2010

What Happened With That Crowbar?

         Someone that I met at the Saturday Writers group is Becky Povich.  She is writing a series of slice-of-life stories; it will be out sometime this fall, published by High Hill Press.

        The title intrigues me:  That Crowbar Changed Everything.  I've asked Becky about the title, and mum's the word.  She's like a vault. Sealed shut and won't open, no matter how much cajoling ot threatening takes place. I have stalked her.  I have hired a team of private detectives.  I have tortured her with bamboo shoots under her fingernails. Nothing has worked...

      I'd like to invite writers to write a short synopsis for the title story.  What kind of story revolves around a crowbar?  (And no fair if you have read the collection and know what the crowbar story is really about.  You have to make something up that is different from the actual story.)

photo by Davescunningplan's photostream

7 comments:

  1. Sioux, you are hilarious!! Have I mentioned that before? And how much I like you?? This post is just so darn neat I can't hardly stand it...is that proper grammar??...probably not! Woo-hoo...I can't wait to see who replies and what they say!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of afraid to write a crowbar story now that I read about what you do with bamboo shoots.

    Cute blog. I'm off to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sioux, occasionally I Google BECKY references and so discovered you. What an engaging blog! As to the crowbar, I didn't even know that crows drank.

    smiles,
    rb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky---If you are NOT using proper grammar, will anyone mention it, since you might have a crowbar in your hand?

    Jenny---That's right. If the bamboo shoots don't work, I have a Golden Retriver that will lick you until you succumb.

    Robert Brault--OMG! (said as close as I can get to a 13-year old Valley Girl's voice). That had not even occurred to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crowbars are for tires aren't they? Or in mystery shows - to knock someone out! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see the story of a crowbar and pulling down a wall between two rooms to make it larger. Now where did that come from? Too many HGTV makeover's I guess! Now if the real writer will stand up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a Crow bar is the place birds of a feather go to drink. Caw!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...