The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Travel to St. Charles


        Several local Not Your Mother's Book writers--Linda O'Connell, Sheree Nielsen, Gregory Lamping and me--along with the co-creator Terri Elders--will be at Main Street Books on June 2 from 1-3.


photo by gserafini


Please stop by. Terri is coming from Washington (the state, not as in D.C. nor the township around Union, Missouri) for this book signing, and it would be great if we could show her a warm Midwest welcome.

The book being signed? None other than Not Your Mother's Book...On Travel. Only brave souls should consider buying this book. My story, entitled "Half Right" is about moi going topless on the beaches in France...along with a Speedo that almost caused permanent scarring to my son's psyche.



So, stop by. Buy a book (or two) to support an independent, local bookstore and local writers. This anthology would make a wonderful gift...

12 comments:

  1. Oh, that's wonderful!

    Wish I were a bit closer...

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pearl--Thanks. I wish you lived closer as well. The weather here is not as cruel as the weather in your part of the world.

      Delete
  2. Y'all just have way too much fun. Congrats on your story's inclusion in the book. You're on a roll, Sioux!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa--Thank you. I myself am quiet and prim and proper. It's that Linda O'Connell who stirs things up...;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Linda--Well, that's great. It will be wonderful to see you. ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm hoping to stop by. Sounds like fun!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure I can speak for Viggo as well when I say your public can't wait to read this. So glad you're coming to my part of town. I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy--I hope you keep your European beau at home. Bringing him along would cause the crowd to get way too crazy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't think I can make this one. Isn't that bridge messed up? Wouldn't I have to swim the wide Missouri to get there? I distinctly remember seeing half a bridge fall into the water upon demolition.

    Maybe you can all build a raft and float down the Mississippi and tie up at the Ste. Genevieve ferry thingy. I could drive that far. That's not asking too much, is it? Tom Sawyer did it, and he was under ten, I think. Besides, Linda is really crafty. A few empty water bottles and some trimmed tree limbs lashed together with old dental floss could probably get you all the way to the Gulf of Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Val--Just mail your eyes and part of your nose. That's all that showed up to The Book House, after all.

    Don't give Linda any ideas. She'll take that plastic bottle idea of yours, build a raft big enough for all 5 of the WWWPs, and force us to travel up and down the river selling our writing wares.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...