The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Friday, March 15, 2019

Slice of Life Day # 14: A Fresh Start


Every year it happens. The dead leaves are shoved aside by new shoots of flowers and grasses. The brown segues to green.

Every school year it happens. A new quarter. Students begin with a fresh slate. The grades they made earlier in the school year are in the past. They have the opportunity to make different choices--better choices--if they struggled with their behavior or their attitude. If they didn't try their hardest, they have the chance to finish the school year with drive and determination.

And me? I must begin my writing work with a fresh start. My manuscript... I must not obsess over the rejections. I need to look ahead at new possibilities when it comes to agents. My creative nonfiction work... I've had success with Chicken Soup for the Soul stories but lately, I've gotten way more rejections than acceptances. I need to begin with fresh eyes, and bolster my spirit.

How about you? What fresh starts are you looking forward to?

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how I missed all your previous posts, but I think I'm caught up now. Since I moved to Wordpress, I don't get notifications any more, I guess. :-(

    I think we all get more than our fair share of writing disappointments. It becomes so tiresome to keep shrugging them off, but it's the nature of being a writer. We must always try, try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat--It is easy (or easier) for you to say, considering the past year or so that you've had. However, I know that success came after years of revising and researching and self-doubting.

      Delete
  2. F all the rejections! Something good is coming. We learned that last year with my lesson in patience. I'm looking for a fresh start definitely with my plans for next school year, and maybe even soon with our place we call home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy--I know you and David will find a great place for the two of you and for your fur-babies.

      Just be patient...

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...