The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Friday, March 15, 2019

Slice of Life Days # 15-16: Wait For It



Yeah, I know. It's kind of cheating if I lump one day with the next. However, the lumping is a good thing when it comes to you. My existence is fairly dull, so often, one single slice is not incredibly tasty. Two slices masquerading as one has the chance of some flavor...

Don't bother enlarging the picture in an attempt to find the point of
this picture. Making it bigger will not make the photo more exciting.


I saw one of Radar's balls sitting--all by itself--on our carport. I know what Radar (probably) is thinking every time he trots by the ball. My ball! I'd really like to play some fetch. Maybe next time I'm out here, somebody will play with me.

He's patient. He's willing to wait. I need to learn something from my 78-pound furball: patience.

I need to wait for the right job to come along. It will. (Of course it would help matters if I actually applied for some jobs.)

I need to wait to hear from an agent. I will. (And one of these emails will be a "Yes, we'd like to see the whole manuscript," instead of a "Thanks for thinking of us, but your piece isn't a great fit for us.")

What are you waiting for these days?

8 comments:

  1. Patience may be a virtue but it sure feels like torture sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could never be dull. I'm waiting for the rain to stop so my basement will dry out and I don't feel like I live in a box above a sewer. Also, for my winning lottery ticket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy--Could we both choose winning numbers, and split 27 million (or whatever the grand total is these days)?

      My basement has had a creek in it recently... All that water has to go SOMEwhere.

      Delete
  3. I am waiting to hear from an employer. I might be working full time at UMSL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fatemeh--I will keep my fingers (and my eyes) crossed...

      Delete
  4. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… Sioux Falls IT Services

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first” Make money online

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...