- There's a photo--for your inspiration--posted every Friday. This picture is the front cover art of a prospective book. You pick the genre.
- You get to write a book blurb--150 words or less--for your book. Craft a title. Make your blurb so enticing, readers will rush to to buy it.
- Post your blurb--along with the photo--on your blog. Then, link your blog to this blog, via Mr. Linky. (It's really easy. If I can do it, even your dog can do it.)
- The photo for the next week will also be posted at the end, so your creative juices can start flowing early.
- Try it. It's an exercise in writing in a tight and compelling way.
Here's the photo for this week, along with my attempt at a blurb:
Every Tuesday and Thursday, Fabienne came to his door. Every Tuesday and Thursday Olivier sat on his red velvet couch, smoking, as he waited to hear her knock. Every Tuesday and Thursday they ate a simple lunch and then made love, his tall bedroom windows standing watch.
It was a time that belonged only to them.
But then Fabienne came no more. No explanation. No adieu. She was simply gone.
Olivier survived the loss, of course. He plodded along... for the next forty-five years. But Fabienne was never too far away. You see, he'd had a door knocker made to look like one of her lovely hands.
One Autumn afternoon, a gray-haired woman pulled on the knocker. When Olivier opened the door, there was Fabienne.
What kept them apart for forty-five years? What brought her back?
The answers will surprise you... (144 words)
Think about playing along. And next week, here is the photo so you can think ahead and get some ideas together before next Friday: