The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Monday, November 22, 2010

A Whooping-It-Up Tuesday and Wednesday

          Today my teammate and I spent the day doing a science experiment with our 3rd graders (homemade cranberry sauce), and we also began a huge pot of pumpkin soup.  (The secret to driving nine-year olds to salivation over the prospect of eating pumpkin soup?  Sautee a bunch of onions and add them into the soup.  It will create an aroma that is indescribable!)

         Tomorrow we will have a feast---a chicken casserole, green beans, cranberry sauce, a sweet potato casserole, the soup, and corn muffins.

         But tomorrow night is when the whooping it up begins...

         My mid-quarter progress reports have just been turned in.  The papers have not had a chance to form their usual overwhelming piles yet.  It's going to be a wild night of frivolity, even to the extent of extending into the next day. 

          Knitting...Watching two of my favorite TV shows...Hopefully finishing the book I've been reading and then falling asleep on the couch in a puddle of drool...Heaven!

         Wednesday I am off (my husband has to work!) so I might take a mid-day nap, a kind of daytime slumber party with the dogs.  After all, that's what they do all day!

Annie (on the left) and Foley---both rescued from Love a Golden Rescue

          If I am too busy getting a short story ready, or my knitting needles are clacking against each other at such a furious pace that I am prevented from posting in the next couple of days, have a great holiday.  Gather 'round a table and tell everyone what you are thankful for. You never know when it may slip between your fingers...

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Sioux. Annie and Foley look very comfy. Do they get to share some of the pumpkin soup? I heard somewhere that dogs love pumpkin. Nothing like a Golden waggy-tail to ease one's stress, and lucky you--you have two!

    You have your holiday week lined up beautifully, with an early feast to get it started. Yum! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a teacher. I used to make pumpkin muffins with my students and then we'd actually make butter by shaking whipping cream in a babyfood jar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Sioux. I am so happy that you have these next days to recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy your vacation! I can't see your dog pictures, but it seems to be just me?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...