The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Monday, February 27, 2012

Are You Hooked on Hockey?

        Chicken Soup for the Soul has extended their deadline for hockey stories. That means only one thing: they have not gotten enough marvelous entries to round out their anthology.

      And that means one thing to us as writers: we have a few more days to send  in a submission (or another submission). The deadline is March 4.

      I sent in a submission about being in the locker room with Brett Hull; getting drawn in by his impossibly-blue eyes, I became a cougar--or at least a cougar in my mind. (I hope my submission is not one they have tossed aside as crappy...)

     I did have another story that I had worked on, but it needed major revising. Chicken Soup's extension has prodded me to take the time to work on it, so I can increase my chances...a little.

     Neither of my stories are true hockey stories. I've never been to an entire hockey game--only to one partial game. I imagine there are writers out there who have a hockey story to tell (their son played street hockey or hockey in school) but it's stuck in the crevices of their mind.

    Dig around. Unearth that story. And submit...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sioux,
    Your post about Brett Hull brought back memories of running into him at a restaurant. One of my very pregnant friends had a huge crush on him. She was expecting her third child, and darned if she didn't name him Brett.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna--It sounds like you could write a CS story about that. Think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extended deadlines, I think, give everybody a better chance at getting accepted. I'm out, though. Not a big hockey fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last time I was ordered to submit, there were restraints involved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get on that other story Sioux. I've got nothing when it comes to hockey. I couldn't even make up anything if I had to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janel--Neither am I. That's the challenge.

    Fireblossom--Ha!

    Lynn--Well, since you know how much revising my story needs, you know I've got my work cut out for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...