Since I know everyone is frothing at the mouth for details, here are the highlights:
- One of our members (I won't name names, lucky for you, Tammy) did an encore of "I-don't-think-I-really-have-anything-here-but-it-had-been-sitting-around-for-a-while-and-I-just-dug-it-up." (She's done this for the past three meetings. It's getting old. Real old.) The rest of us figured we were going to have to roll our eyes, because we knew we were going to be blown away. We did and we were.
- Beth came armed with pizza (from Twigs--is that spelled correctly) and was bundled up with a scarf around her neck. She said she was "chilly" all day.
- Linda, one of the founding members of the WWWPs, is extraordinarily generous with her gifts. Tonight she pounced on one of the stories that was shared, and said, "You really have got something here. Expand it, and Chicken Soup will jump on it." She then gave some suggestions on how to embellish the tale.
- Getting into a character's head, with all of the crazy tangents that bounce around in our brain, takes talent. Our thinking is hardly ever linear. Making a stream of consciousness believable as well as interesting, is tough to do, but Lynn can do it with one hand and a couple of extra fingers (from the other hand) tied behind her back.
- One of the WWWP's loved ones recently traveled south. To Brazil, I believe. Many trips to new places are fun. This one was terrifying, from all accounts. However, even though it involved some novel experiences that were hair-raising, it was tranformative.