Four days ago I was in Sedona. I'd been told the rocky hills were incredible to look at, and indeed they were. We stopped at place after place, on the shoulder of the road and at parks along the way into the city, and marveled at the naturally-made rock sculptures.
Three days ago I spent the whole day in the Grand Canyon. From sunrise to sunset, I was there with family to soak up the peace and the breathtaking beauty.
|Here is one picture of the Grand Canyon I took. It was taken|
as the sun was setting. Cameras cannot capture its true beauty.
During our three days in Williams, Arizona I:
- went to Bearizona--a really well-done animal park (most of their animals are rescues)
- took at 3-hour bike tour around part of the South Rim
- finished reading the book The Handmaid's Tale. Okay, that has nothing to do with the soaking up nature, but it was a great read
- discovered how the movie Thelma and Louise impacted the Grand Canyon park (there were several cars driven off the edge and into the canyon the year after the movie came out)
- learned a bunch about ravens (I'll post more about that on Friday)
Going to the Grand Canyon was on my "bucket list." What is on yours?