The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Monday, December 10, 2018

Back on the Chain Gang

Well, yesterday afternoon I finished my manuscript. In the last two years it went from 25,000 words to almost 0 to 49,926 words.

Now I'm finished, right?

Wrong.

Now the real work begins.

I'm sending it off to an editor (Margo Dill) tomorrow. Then I have to wait while I bite my fingernails til they're bleeding patiently for her feedback.

Will she say it still sucks? Or will she say it's an improvement? I'm keeping my eyes and my toes crossed. (I can't cross my fingers because I'm too busy gnawing on my nails.)

Then, if she says it doesn't stink too badly, I can start re-examining the editors and publishers I listed as possibilities. And then submitting.

Ugh.

I'm back on the chain gang...






12 comments:

  1. Congratulations for completing this huge step in the process! I'm excited for you. Yes, a lot of work is upcoming, but it's a project you believe in. Next year at this time you'll be debuting a book cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa--You mean it will take a whole year to get a publishing deal? (Just kidding.)

      Thanks. I'm excited too.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on reaching another milestone with your manuscript! The song I though of, concerning your literary efforts, is "Workin' in the Coal Mine."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA3Royf9_zM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val--Your comment made me look up who made that song famous. Lee Dorsey.

      "Back on the Chain Gang"? That was more that I love that song, and I love Chrissie Hynde's voice...

      Delete
  3. Big congrats, Sioux! It's a process...*sigh* :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy--Oh, so you mean it ain't over yet? ;)

      Thanks. I would not have finished it this quickly my Pencil-Pushing Butt Kickers (the writing accountability group I belong to). Those ladies have cattle prods, and they aren't afraid to use them.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!! I'm sure your editor will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sioux, I'm so excited for you, and you are inspiring me to keep working!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Pretenders!

    Is this the same manu that I read?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! Congratulations on a major accomplishment. Can't wait to hear about your feedback. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat H--That remains to be seen. ;)

    Mary--What about YOUR manuscript? I'd love to hear more about it.

    Linda--Thanks for your encouraging remarks.

    Shay--Thankfully, it is NOT the same hot-mess you read. My apologies (again) for making you read that.

    Pat W--That makes two of us. I can't wait, either.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...