The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Monday, July 13, 2020

The Dog Days of Summer

Recently I wrote about my dog Radar going back to school. As is usually the case, it is the owner that is getting more "education" than the dog. Most of the time, dogs will do what they're supposed to do... if they're told to do it. If they're consistently expected to do it.


This is often how we find Radar during the summer.
A cool wooden floor + a hot dog = a great combination.

It's midway through the summer--for me as a teacher, it's more than midway. Beginning in August, something will happen. Either we will be planning on meeting in person in our classrooms, or we're going to start planning online classes, or we're going to create some hybrid approach--perhaps some in-person and smaller classes combined with online ones.

As a freelance writer, I need to follow the same guidelines the dog whisperers shared with me, as I allowed my 84-pound handsome guy drag me up and down the driveway as I  ran the gauntlet showed off my lack of dog handling skills.

If you'd like to read what I learned about myself as a writer (there's an even better photo of Radar as a bonus), check out my post And please leave a comment about any "old dog" habits you're dealing with, along with what new skills you're trying to work on.

5 comments:

  1. I always find your posts interesting. Good old Radar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radar needs a summer haircut! Hick has a pair of clippers. He used to cut the boys' hair every summer. However, if you want Radar to return with both ears intact, you might consider another dog-shaver...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val--No, I don't think I will need Hick's services when it comes to Radar's grooming. I also will not need the services of your neighbor--the one who groomed your dog that "ran away" and "returned" to its former family...

      Delete
  3. Great advice, Sioux!

    Radar is such a handsome guy. Give him some ear scratches for me please. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...