The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Bittersweet... and Accountable

Life is bittersweet these days. I know, we still have to wear masks and social distance. There are still businesses and community resources (like libraries) that are closed (as far as what used to be their "normal"). People are still contracting Covid 19 and are getting seriously ill or dying. That's the bitter part.

However, after being on hold for a hour (when spread over several calls to pharmacy/store chains) and registering on countless web pages, and getting lost while navigating coronavirus navigation sites, I finally snagged a couple of appointments for the vaccine. It will involve a 3-hour trip (each way) but with a stack of music CDs and an old battered car I love, the trip will be a pleasure. That's one of the sweet things I've got going.

Also, I have a wonderful publisher who's working so hard for me. She's edited my book (which will debut in mid-April), in the middle of the night she's sending me emails with incredible ideas (which says something about how tireless she is, and it says something of the fall-asleep-on-the-couch-at-8-PM-and-wake-up-at-1-AM habit I've unfortunately developed, because I was getting them as soon as she sent them), and she's doing so many things to ensure my book has the best beginning. That's a super sweet part of my life.


                                                                         image by pixabay


Finally, I've written a post for WOW on being accountable as a writer. It speaks of how my wide and flat rear end gets kicked by a group of writers. If you're wondering how to jumpstart your writing productivity... if you're getting lazy about sending out queries... if you sometimes wish you had some experienced friends to help you with your writing/publishing--form a writing accountability group. In my post, I share some of my experiences with the Butt-Kickers.

How about you? What sweet things are you enjoying these days? 

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear your book is about to debut and your publsiher os pushing things along going above and beyond. Since spriong has arroved I feel as if I have to. No more shifting positions on the couch and snoozing six hours there. I submitted 10 pieces this month, after quite a dry spell. Those butt-kickers are doing their job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your upcoming debut! Also on procuring your jab. My best old ex-teaching buddy Mabel said she and her husband both started calling their county health center to get on the shot list when an announcement went out that it was available. They're both old enough for sure. She redialed over 200 times, but her hubby got through after only 157 tries, and got appointments for both of them. They've had both jabs now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda--Thanks. Yes, spring--and perhaps things going back to a semi-normal with people getting vaccinated--is making me feel hopeful. Ten pieces in one month? That sounds quite busy to me. And the Butt-Kickers? They're amazing.

    Val--Just yesterday I got the "one and done." I ended up getting an appointment much closer than Sedalia, so I'm thrilled it's over. AND I got a gift bag--several disposable masks. I love presents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Congratulations, and I can't wait to read your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue Dragoness--I checked out your blog. You should not give up. Keep writing. Keep revising. Keep sending out your work. It IS a dream that can be achieved!

    Pat--I hope when you do, you are as immersed as I was in your novel, "I am Mrs. Jesse James." Thanks! I'm still walking on cloud nine...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...