The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Monday, May 10, 2021

My Future Trip to Tulsa Part 1

I'm still working on setting up book events when I go to Tulsa at the end of May. I'll be bringing boxes of my book... Hopefully the back of my car will be empty (or at least less loaded up) when I head back home. However, one thing has been set up.

I'm attending a brunch event and will be in the same room as some famous Tulsans.

One is Garth Brooks. I wasn't aware he was from Tulsa.

Another name is Wes Studi. The name didn't ring a bell, but as soon as I saw his face, I knew who he was.


His present-day face might not bring back memories of his work, but if I mentioned the character's name of  Magua, or if I said, "Do you remember the Native American who tried to convince a young woman (unsuccessfully) off the side of a cliff in the movie The Last of the Mohicans?" would you remember him then?





This is one of the most moving moments of the movie, in my opinion. The soundtrack--during this scene--includes a haunting fiddle piece (it's at the end of the clip). In fact, I bought the soundtrack for this single piece of music. Here is this memorable song:



Wes also played a memorable Pawnee in the movie Dances With Wolves. In the photo below, he's in the foreground, front and center. 



When I post next, I'll share the celebrity who will be at the brunch who made me squeal with uncontainable excitement. Hint: This person played one my favorite characters in the series St. Elsewhere.

How about you? What famous people have you had an encounter with? Giddy minds want to know...



7 comments:

  1. Wow, Wes Studi has quite a list of credits! I thought he looked familiar. I guess it's from Dances With Wolves, which Hick was watching recently. I also watched AVATAR about a million times, so maybe it's from there, but I can't exactly place him in that.

    I can't guess your favorite character from St. Elsewhere. It was such a great (and wacky) ensemble show. I'm going to take a stab and say MARK HARMON. But I don't know if he has anything to do with Oklahoma. Maybe it was BOOMER, David Morse. I give up. I liked Howie Mandel before I found out he's kind of weird in real life. And crazy Dr. Cathy Martin was always good TV.

    The only famous person I've had an encounter with was former St. Louis Cardinals quarterback Jim Hart, on my front porch, when I was in high school.

    Of course I'm expecting pictures from the event...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am unable to pay the large amount of money to be in the "golden" group, so when I take a picture, this celebrity will probably be a speck in the deep, deep background.

      Dig up your picture of Jim Hart. I'll try my best to get a pic so we can trade stories.

      Delete
    2. I have nothing to trade. Jim Hart gave me an autographed picture, but nobody knows what happened to it. The last I remember, it was in the hall closet, by the front door, on the top shelf with my dad's Bell Telephone caps. It did not turn up in the sorting of pictures in shoeboxes when we went through Mom's stuff. You don't think my sister the ex-ex-mayor's wife is holding out on me, do you?

      Delete
  2. How cool! Last of the Mohicans is a favorite movie of mine, and Wes did an excellent job portraying the bad guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat--It's one of my favorites, too. And I wholeheartedly agree--Wes Studi did a phenemonal job.

      Delete
  3. I have been busy! Out of town for wedding two weekends ago, and then a week of babysitting, overnights, too. Whew. Finally catching up.
    So happy to hear you have something lined up with a famous Tulsan. Time is ticking...you are almost ready to roll. Wishing you huge success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda--Thanks for your kind words, your encouragement and your suggestions. I hope I'm busy this summer with the book... Keeping my fingers crossed.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...