The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Diligently Driving Towards Data Walls

        Less than two weeks before I officially have to return to work.  Every other year, I spend days or even weeks (if you add up all the scattered days) preparing my classroom.  Alright, not all the time is spent on true work in room 12.  Some of that time is spent wandering the halls, happening upon someone to catch up with, and chatting.  Some of that time is spent moving things around, and then moving them back to their original spot.  And a lot of time is spent piddling...wandering around my room, thinking, but not accomplishing too much.

      I am vacillating.  I am torn between going in some time in the next week and a half, to get a headstart, and selfishly savoring the last of my days off.  (After all, there will be some long, marathon sessions anyway, right?)

       Doing some reading and research at home bridges across my indecisiveness.  I can get on my laptop, while listening to trashy TV (still in my jammies), and get some things cemented in my head.

        I read this article on data walls, and found it helpful.  It stresses how simple it should be, and advocates that the classroom teachers take ownership.

         Anyone who has other resources they'd like to send my way, I'd appreciate it...

article on data walls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...