The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Up the Down Staircase: 2010 Version

          For those of you who are too young to have read the book Up the Down Staircase, you are missing out.  It's the tale of a passionate teacher who has to deal with all the red tape and nonsensical paperwork of an educator, as well as contending with nimroddy administrators.  Even though it was written decades ago, it was what sparked a flame in me---I really wanted to make a difference like she did---and it made me laugh.

        It's written via notes that are sent back and forth between a younger, "green" teacher and a more experienced "veteran."

        I just found a blog that is hilarious.  It reminds me of Up the Down Staircase. It also reminds me that we need to laugh instead of cry...Check it out!

a marvelous blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...