The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'm Working On...

        I regret I am not continuing with NaNo.  I do. I quit something, but it was a wise decision for me.

        This evening I worked on a story for a contest that Saturday Writers is sponsoring.  (The deadline was extended.)  It was a story I wrote probably 15 years ago.  I had to rework it in some major ways.  I won't say it's brilliant, but it's also not pure fecal matter, like my NaNo story was.

        I think the word count was just a bit over 1,000 words. So it's very short short story.

       By the way, this story was written way before I had a laptop or a flashdrive, so I just had a paper hard copy.  Therefore, I had to retype it.  I didn't mind, because as I was typing it up, I was also revising.as I went.  (Sometimes I retype things even when I have them saved, so I am forced to look at it again, with new eyes.) 


photo by Hassenpfeffer Incorporated

            The story I worked on tonight is a childhood memoir.  I am going to send it off, and later this week, I 'm going to work on a holiday one.  (Saturday Writers is sponsoring a holiday story contest as well.) Both stories are being "recycled..."

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Sioux. I am so proud of your renewed sense of being a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you're recycling your writing :)
    And that sounds great, retyping something so you have to revise.
    Break a leg in the contest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sioux,
    Glad to hear you're writing. Good luck with the Saturday Writers contests.
    Donna V.
    http://donnasbookpub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...