The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Slice of Life Day # 13: Goin' to Church

Tonight I worshiped at the Church of Mellencamp. It was a night of as much feeling as hearing. The wailing guitars, the sometimes-unrelenting drums... My chest throbbed with the vibrations. One of his song's lyrics has a refrain that goes like this: "And the walls, come tumbling down And the walls, come crumbling down And the walls, come rumbling tumbling down" At one point--earlier in the concert--John Mellencamp shouted out that it was time to end "all this bigotry bull-$@#&" and given all the divisiveness in our country, it did not surprise me when he changed some of the choruses to sing about THE WALL coming down. Or was it just my wishful thinking?

3 comments:

  1. I love picturing you singing along ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess I was never a huge fan and only know a couple of his most famous songs. But from your description of the concert he puts on a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wall related:
    I stumbled upon this today :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao3XJ-UDdzI&list=PLeDakahyfrO8JkaY54tEXpkJQVDJtW7lf

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...