The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Slice of Life Day # 10: Click Clack

Short ones. Long ones. Fat ones. Skinny ones. All I can knit is scarves...

Some evenings I'm Madame Defarge. As my knitting click and clack together, I chronicle my day (in my head). For me, it's relaxing. I can do something constructive while I watch a television show or a movie.






The left needle is anchored between my arm and my side. The right needle weaves in and out, the yarn looping around the dull point of the needle.

Tightlooselooselooselooselooselooselooselooselooselooselooselooselooselooselooselooselooselooselooselooseloosetight

The scarf I'm working on currently is 21 stitches across. At the end of each row I pull the yarn taut. At the beginning of each row I pull it tight. Otherwise, it's loose.

How do you keep loose?

10 comments:

  1. Morning meditation, playing music, reading, or going for a walk. The latter has been difficult for the last two months due to severe weather, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem is that I'm too loose (I have to be careful when and where I say that!). I'm so relaxed when I knit that I have to go down 3 needle sizes less than what the pattern calls for! I knit socks on a size 0 needle! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty tightly wound. Loose is not generally a word that would describe me, or anything I do. Unless you count my punctuation and grammar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Click clack you're on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did anyone say PBR and porch time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to learn to knit. I even bought needles, but that is about as far as I have gotten. You've inspired me to pick it up again, but thank goodness we're almost out of scarf weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tightlooselooselooseloose//Tight//looselooselooseloose//Tight//Tight//looselooselooselooselooselo//Tight/Tight//oselooselooselooselooselooselooseloosetight//Tight//

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how to knit but I don't think I've finished anything...I start out pretty well but after the first couple of rows, it's all downhill. If I want to get loose, I walk, and when it's warm, I sit out on my deck or on my porch swing and read. Sometimes, I don't even need to sit out there. I can just think about it...ahhhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only thing I ever knitted was a sock. This was back in middle school when Home Economics was required for the girls and the boys were in wood shop. Yes, a single sock. *sigh* I used to crochet and actually made several afghans that turned out well. It's been a lot of years, though, since then. I could probably do it again but it'd take some re-learning. How do I keep it loose? The beach!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Knitting looks like it would be soothing, except for those of those who don't know how. For me it would be a giant frustration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...