The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Monday, March 18, 2019

Slice of Life Day # 18: Accentuate the Positive


I've been submitting my manuscript for the past couple of months. Those months came after several years of writing, researching, revising, editing, re-revising, (is that really a word, you ask? It is as far as I'm concerned.) and begging some beta readers to invest their time in reading the 53,000 words.

Each time I get a rejection, my confidence dips. However, I tallied them up, and so far, I've only gotten 4 rejections. There are 9 agents that still have not answered. If all 9 of those remaining also say no, I will look at my query and my first 10/15/30 pages to try and determine what's wrong. (Some agents want the first 10 pages, some the first 15, some want 30 and one agent wanted the whole manuscript.)

Keep your eye on the positive. Eliminate the negative. And give things time.






7 comments:

  1. I need more pronoia in my life. Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the positive thinking and don't let stinkin' thinkin' get you down! I have really been enjoying your slice of life posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your positive take on it, Sioux!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ProSiouxa comin' at you lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val--We all do.

    Pat--Thanks. They've been fun to do.

    Tracy--That's the spirit, Sioux's our girl. Get her published or she's gonna hurl!

    Katie--You gotta be positive when it comes to writing...

    Fatemeh--Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very true, Sioux! You might want to consider some of the upcoming workshops and conferences offering agent/publisher pitches. It gives you a more direct approach, which helps you stand out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...