The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Slice of Life Day # 5: Comfort Trumps Chic

I admit: one of the words in this post title makes me shudder, but I'll try to get through it.

I'm of an age where I'm unconcerned with fashion. I gave away all of my high-heeled shoes a long time ago. Shoes that feel like slippers are my go-to.  Clothes that feel comfortable--not constricting--are what I wear.

Last night I came home and was cold. The weather was bitter. It was a bit after 7. After being gone from home for over 12 hours, I needed some comfort.

My one-sy. 

A couple of years ago my daughter gave me a fleece jumpsuit for Christmas. It's similar to the old-fashioned sleepers infants used to wear... except mine doesn't have feet in it.

Curling up on the couch. Watching The Voice. It was almost like I was being embraced by a blanket.

These days, it doesn't take much to make me happy...


9 comments:

  1. I am so cold I wear my fluffy robe and then pull a fleece blanket up to my chin to watch TV. I hate winter. I'm with you on shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda--We'd look like two peas in a pod, if both of us were sitting on the couch at the same time.

      Delete
  2. But what about your FEET? Surely you have some fur-lined Crocs to keep them warm. You know I despise feet, but my own are toasting in front of my under-desk heater, and I'm worried about yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val--Nope. I run around in just socks at home. Just think of my toes wiggling around in those socks, with the toenails scraping the inside of my socks...

      Delete
    2. AGHHH! I'd rather NOT think about that. I feel a nightmare coming on.

      Delete
  3. I love it and the fact that you wrote about it. I loved turning the corner and wholeheartedly embracing comfort over chic! I may even look into finding a one-sy of my own. Either that or a snuggie...a blanket with sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz--Did you think I don't know about snuggies? Puh-lease. ;)

      Delete
  4. Sounds amazing! I don't have a onsie, but stretchy pants have definitely been the wardrobe of my winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No ones-y here, but lots of stretchies to choose from. I usually wear shorts and flip flops (#beachlife) during the day, but come evening time I like soft & stretchy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...