The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Monday, March 16, 2020

What is a "Shay"?

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It was a time of indifference, it was a time of toilet paper hoarding...

I'm on spring break this week. Then, for the next two weeks (a minimum of two weeks), I'll be teaching via the internet.

The times, they are a' changin'. (Dickens and Dylan in the same post?)

I'm looking forward to getting some things done around the house, getting caught up on my "five a day" queries, and maybe even getting some gen-u-ine writing done. I submitted a Chicken Soup for the Soul story yesterday and earlier in the week I submitted a narrative poem to them (probably pointless).

image by Pixabay

At the end of the month I'll be facilitating a writing retreat. Facilitating is a loose term. I arranged for our accomodations. I sent a variety of irritating and mailbox-clogging emails. I'll arrange the group into small response groups. This time I will use bleach wipes several times a day to clean the door knobs and the light switches, and I'll wipe down the tables before we begin on Saturday morning. I'll close down our meeting hall on Sunday evening... and that's it.

On my most recent post at The Muffin, I mentioned some writing colleagues--writing folks who had helped me out. If you're curious about what (or who) a "Shay" is, or you're interested in who has helped me in my writing so you can slash their tires and make them promise to never ever help Sioux again, check out my post on the power of a word.

Stay safe and healthy. But don't be goin' crazy...

8 comments:

  1. Writers supporting writers... it's what we do. Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mis-read your last sentence as "don't quit bein' crazy."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised the retreat is still on. The way things are, it might be good to have a back-up plan.

    P.S. I just noticed you posted this almost a week ago, so maybe things have already changed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sioux,

    "Five a day queries"? Now that's making me crazy! Impressive indeed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh oh...I better go see!

    They forced me to change my template and I lost my handy blog roll on the sidebar, along with everything else. So I have trouble keeping abreast of my favorite blogs now. All that to say, sorry for being so late!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...