The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Monday, June 21, 2021

Who's Your Cheerleader?

 I belong to a writing critique group. I belong to a writing accountability group. Both of them are full of writing friends who are encouraging and helpful, in countless ways.

My husband? He tries. However, he's not a writer, so sometimes his attempts at being helpful go awry.

Recently, I read a post from a writer whose family had gotten her a cake made. Emblazoned across the cake was the word Writer. 

Too often, we get rejected as writers. We write and draft and revise... and all we get is a "no thanks" from editors and publishers.

Check out my post about my cheerleaders... and about my hubby who means well, but I might limit his megaphone use in the future...




4 comments:

  1. We have to have each others' backs. That is what writers do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is, "Don't let him hold the Spirit Stick."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda--Amen.

    Val--My husband + a spirit stick = trouble

    Pat--I look forward to reading your new book. You do historical fiction sooooo well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...