The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Friday, March 1, 2019

Slice of Life # 1



             Today I had a snow day. A gift from the gods. A much-needed break from my routine.

          One of the things I got to do (since I wasn't slaving over a hot smartboard) was play two long games of fetch with Radar. My dog loves to race after a ball--over and over. Leaping into the air for it, chasing it across the yard, running circles around a tree--he's thrilled. All I have to do is put on my coat and head towards the kitchen door and Radar's so excited, he's whirling in circles.

          What if we got ecstatic over such a simple thing? What if we were willing to show our excitement... so that others could share in our joy?

           I think I've linked this video before, but it shows exactly why I'm drawn to golden retrievers...



(I'm taking part in the Slice of Life Challenge. This blog is where it all began.)


10 comments:

  1. That video was a hoot. I love Goldens. I hope you make it to your outing this weekend and avoid the white stuff. Did you hear from LTYM?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. You, too? (I saw a LO on the audition schedule.)

      Delete
  2. Slaving over a hot Smartboard...cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you made me go "Awww" with your post about your nieces.

      Delete
  3. Well, I'm sure that Golden just didn't listen to the rules. He assumed he'd already won, and was enjoying his prizes. I don't think he could have enjoyed them any more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val--That is what all goldens do--they enjoy life to the fullest.

      Delete
  4. Your post reminds me of why animals are so good for the soul...they already know the good things in life that their people tend to forget! Sounds like a lovely moment in a snow day. Maybe another is coming on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina--That is so true.

      No, no snow day on Monday unless something crazy happens overnight.

      I'm reading your posts, but I can't figure out how to comment. Sorry.

      Delete
  5. Some people's slice of life is a fun game of catch with Radar. Others played Hook-the-Hair-And-Pull-It-Out-Of-The-Shower-Drain.

    Yeah. Not really that much fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other fun games: Trying to make my black pants look black again (instead of golden) before I get out the door. Sweeping up the golden balls of hair that are constantly rolling across my floors. I agree. Not much fun, but Radar sure is, so he's worth it.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...