The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Slice of Life Day # 2


Shorbet Adas bubbling away in the instant pot, fragrant with cumin, turmeric and freshly-squeezed lemons...

Bamieh cooking in the oven, the flavors of coriander, garlic and cumin (oops! I forgot the pomegranate molasses... I'll be right back) melding into a delicious dish.

A big pot of freekeh cooling in the fridge...

Some shakshoukeh sauteed at 5 this morning and already safely stored in a plastic tub--ready for transport...

In few hours I'll be headed to Columbia with 7 of my students to meet Ibtisam Barakat. We're bringing some Palestinian dishes. Hopefully--even though I probably didn't get all the flavors on point, she will feel honored that I at least tried...



... because I was so honored that she shared her story in the memoir Tasting the Sky.
   

9 comments:

  1. You really go above and beyond! Hope that you all are having a great time! Can't wait to hear more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OM Goodness. We laughed. We cried. More to come...

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love that we are so in tune with each other! We both wrote about cooking on day two. Hope it was safe travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so lovely...I hope that your dishes turned out great, and I am definitely going to ask you for the recipes next time I see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie--The red lentils is a definite keeper, as far as I'm concerned.

      Delete
  4. Between you and Tracy, I'm hungry again! That trip sounds amazing--I hope it was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey--The company, the conversation and the revelations... It all was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to hearing more about this---and wondering how you squeeze so much stuff into your life! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...