The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Friday, March 18, 2022

Everything's Comin' Up Green

 SOL #15 (should be #18) See below to check out what the Slice of Life Challenge is

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day. In St. Louis, we have a parade in the Dogtown section of the city. The area is a sea of green (hats, beards, hair, shirts, beads and make-up) and a river of yellow (there is way too much urinating in alleys and side streets).

Apparently beer and whiskey are great breakfast drinks, because when you get there early (early enough to be able to navigate the sidewalks before they get packed with people) the drinking has already begun. 

                                                                  image by Pixabay


Things were different the last couple of years--with Covid--but the parade returned yesterday... the first time since 2019.

Things change. Sometimes the changes are for the better, and sometimes they're for the worse.

Yesterday I celebrated St. Patrick's Day with a shot of Bailey's... and plans to take a trip with a friend sometime in June. We're thinking Tennessee... or Wisconsin... or France... or Maine. Maine's too far, really. I found a place in Tennessee where you can hike with a llama (each hiker has a llama that carries your stuff). Part of the fun is finding out what your llama likes (and dislikes, I imagine). We'll see.

I hope you're seeing good changes around you...



 

5 comments:

  1. Tennessee is so close to where I now live! I can get to Chattanooga, Atlanta, or Asheville in about two hours from my tiny home on the side of the mountain. I made the corned beef dinner and nearly choked on the price tag of the corned beef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long is this hike, considering that you need a llama to carry your stuff? Are we talking a tent and sleeping bag, or a couple bottles of water?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy--I've never bought corned beef. Now I know why...

    Val--I think taking the llama along is more for the "companionship" and novelty than the load-carrying capability. I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you miss being in the throng of things on Tamm? A llama mama? That will make a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dodged the parade and just ate corned beef. Hope yours stayed pee free. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...