The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Monday, March 14, 2022

The Power of Bread... and Breaking Bread Together

SOL #12 (it should be #14) See below if you're curious what the Slice of Life challenge is

Last night I had a dinner meeting. It was only supposed to be a meeting, but the woman who was hosting the meeting generously (and deliciously) made dinner for us.

On the table was a basket of two loaves of bread--a marble rye and a rustic, crusty loaf of white. Just the smell reminded me of France--where the best bread lives. As we ate and talked and worked, it reminded me of how important it is to break bread together.

(It also reminded me of my love of bread. If I could have just one food for the rest of my life, it would probably be bread. Unfortunately, bread loves me way too much. Bread's the kind of friend that never leaves... it never leaves your hips. Your gut. Your butt.)

           image by Pixabay--This looks like my French sister's rustic kitchen table with bread--always--as the centerpiece                                

Sharing food with people is an act of love. You get to know people as you sit together and eat a meal together. If you don't feel comfortable enough to sit next to someone during a meal... well, something is wrong.

How about you? What are some of the dishes you most enjoy sharing with others? 



3 comments:

  1. How did I not know this about you and bread? I'm baking you a loaf sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muffins, cakes, biscuits, no wonder I have a dough butt. Nothing like warm bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there's something terribly comforting about bread. The staff of life, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...