The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Friday, March 4, 2022

Teen Entertainment and Adult Entertainment

SOL # 3 (should be #4) See below about the Slice of Life challenge. 


I am not talking about what entertains teens--I'm talking about how teens can entertain us. I'm a middle school teacher, and here are few of the things that made me laugh today:

  • I finish Fridays with a music video, and the students vote. Was the video fab or was it a flop? (I got this idea from Tracy Brosch.) I made the mistake of asking the class for any suggestions. And one of my boys (who is quite proud of the barely-there moustache he's cultivating) suggested Pitbull's Fireball. I know Pitbull. I even like some of his music, so I checked out the video during my plan period. Thank goodness. The first 10 seconds alone would get me fired. I chuckled to myself, thinking that he thought I might play it for the class. Ha!


  • The I'm-just-sitting-next-to-way-too-close-to-him-because-we're-helping-each-other-with-our-math-work maneuver. Ha ha! I remember having teen crushes. She didn't fool me one smidgen.
And the adult entertainment I had in mind? The kind of adult fun I enjoyed today was a short video on what Zoom teaching was like. I chuckled, because I did some of the same gesturing as this teacher did, and invariably got sucked into conversations about pets/bedroom decor/what they were eating while I taught, and so on.


 

Next week, our school might be taking off the masks... until we need to put them back on. It's often impossible to tell which student is talking/making noises/singing (and I'm most definitely not a music teacher) when they're wearing a mask.

I imagine the kids will be thrilled to be able to take off their masks... but I smile as I wonder if they know that baring their faces will have a downside...  


                                                                                                                                                                                         




3 comments:

  1. What a stinker! Screening is a must :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that line about his barely there moustache! Puberty can be cruel, but it is entertaining for the rest of us who made it through in relatively one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy--I can only think he thought I would just put on the video without looking at it first. Plot thwarted.

    Caroline--Yeah, those moustaches are humorous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...