The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Saturday, March 5, 2022

No Yarn About Yarn

SOL # 4 (should be # 5) See below what the Slice of Life Challenge is all about.


Needles sliding into each other. Looping the yarn. Pulling back the needle to dig in and catch the loop. Tightening or keeping things deliberately loose, depending on how much air you want to knit into the piece. Looping the yarn. Pulling back the needle to dig in and catch the loop. Every session, the same small movements, hundreds and hundreds of time.

For me, knitting is like liquor. It relaxes me. It's my serenity now! strategy. (That's for you Seinfeld fans... and you know who you are.) It's one of the ways I calm my spirit.


image by Pixabay

Madame  Defarge I ain't. In fact, I'm not chronicling anything as I knit, I'm unchronicling it. (Yeah, I know that's not a word but that's a writer's prerogative. We can make up words as long as the meaning of them are clear to the reader.)  I'm unraveling my story, my day, my stress, my anxiety. 

What do you do to destress your life? Nosey Sioux wants to know.












6 comments:

  1. Lol! I'm proud of you :)
    To destress, I drink wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the comparison of darning to liquor. I get it. I think my liquor is submitting poems & short fiction pieces to editors. It's like fishing: you never know what you'll catch, if anything. And as I've always heard, a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work. (for so many people, that is.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, unraveling the day by knitting together yarns! 💕 I crochet (revenge crochet,haha) or listen to loud rowdy Rick music to shake out my stress/anger/dissatisfaction/impasse. Sometimes, I even clean; But mostly I try not to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Rock music.

      I think I may have just inadvertently rick-rolled myself!

      Delete
  4. "Unchronicling it" I love that! We all need an escape and you have found a way to release the tension. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy--Wine? I had no idea.

    JD--You're a true writer... and you and I must have a different opinion of fishing, because I hate it.

    Caroline--I actually thought of Rick Astley as I wrote this. My students love him. I can't figure it out.

    Linda--Thanks. Unfortunately I cannot knit anything except for scarves. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...