The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Sunday, March 6, 2022

Look around... The leaves are brown

SOL # 5 (should be #6)  See below for what the Slice of Life challenge is. 


I was playing fetch with Radar (my 84-pound bundle of fur), and saw (again) that I need to do some serious raking. The leaves are brown, but it's not a hazy shade of winter. I noticed some green sprouts shooting above the leaves (I think they are those wild onions) which makes me think of spring and warmer weather and no more snow days (since my school has used them all up, I'm no longer frothing at the mouth for them).

Spring.

Then I was watching CBC Sunday Morning News and a commercial came on for the Chicks' (formerly the Dixie Chicks) concert tour... and they're coming to St. Louis. 

Impulsively, I ordered a couple of the cheap (lawn) tickets.

They've been a favorite of mine for many years. When George W. Bush was president, Natalie Maines (the group's lead singer) criticized him during a concert... and a huge landslide happened. The group received death threats, radio stations refused to play their songs, their music plummeted on the hit list, but their fans never faded away. To address the mess, the group (along with Dan Wilson) wrote the song Not Ready to Make Nice.


If you're interested in how they handle domestic abuse (in a humorous way) check out this music video.






Impulses. Usually I don't succumb, but I've never seen them in concert, and for me, going will be a political statement...









3 comments:

  1. Oooh, a big summer concert with one of your favorite bands will be so much fun! And sitting in the lawn is always an adventure. It's been years since I've been, but I was just reminiscing yesterday about being part of They Might Be Giants' "world's longest conga line". It was a fun time. In other news, I have proclaimed it not sunny enough for taking today, so you're off the hook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline--Thanks for that proclamation. I made my own decree and decided it should be a lazy Sunday instead of a productive afternoon, so no paperwork was done either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get tickets the second I saw the ad too! Yippppeeeee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...