The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Friday, March 11, 2022

Forgiving Yourself

SOL #9 (should be #11) See below for what the Slice of Life challenge is

Yesterday evening, I had to forgive a frozen food company for making crab rangoons with something bready instead of with wonton wrappers. What's with that? I mean, seriously.

As is sometimes my life, I drifted into sleep too early, woke up, began this post (at 11 PM) fell back asleep, and woke up at 2 AM.

Oops. This is the 2nd time I have not posted, in a post-every-day-this-month challenge.


                                                       image by Insecurity, via Pixabay


Perhaps it's come with age, or perhaps it's due to a well entrenched I-don't-give-a-flying-fig attitude... but I forgive myself a lot. I understand that I do the best I can do    most of the time I do my best    most of the time I do my best when I don't have The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel or the new season of Ozark singing to me like sirens.

So I missed a day of posting? So I am probably not going to be able to bake chocolate chip cookies for the retreat this weekend? (I'm just prepping some of you: it might be store-bought hummus and sweet potato crackers instead of home-baked cookies.) So I'm really really really behind on a writing project?

Oops. Oops. And oops. (There is a power in three.)

Forgive yourself.  Forgive yourself thoroughly and often. You don't have to be pouchy-bellied and silver-haired to come to this realization. Embrace it now. YOLO (I admit, I had to look this up this week)  and life is too short.




 

4 comments:

  1. bwah! oops, oops, and oops. YOLO. Maybe we need a tshirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, YOLO! I like Tracy's T-shirt idea. I am striving to embrace the oopses. We need lots of reminders for this. A coffee much might also be in order... "Oops, oops, and oops. YOLO!" 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in favor of forgiving myself AND am old and gray with a flabby belly. I am now forgiving myself for my flab ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bready crab rangoons? That's hard to forgive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...